A single conviction of driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII) can carry serious consequences, including jail time and substantial monetary fines. You may feel overwhelmed by the prospect of hefty fines, the threat of losing your license and the possibility of jail time.
Fortunately, if this is the first time you have faced DUII charges, there is an alternative under Oregon law that allows you to avoid a DUII conviction: the Oregon DUII diversion program. If you qualify for the Oregon DUII diversion program, you may be able to have the charges against you dismissed if you successfully complete all the requirements of diversion.
Do I Qualify for the DUII Diversion Program?: At the Law Office of J. Clay McCaslin, we assist clients who have been charged with DUII in determining their eligibility for the diversion program and in obtaining court approval for entering the program as an alternative to conviction.Contact us online or call 503-239-1910 to schedule a consultation.
What Is Required to Complete the Diversion Program?
Once you have been accepted into the diversion program, you must complete the terms and conditions of the program, which constitute an agreement between you and the court. If you uphold your end of the agreement, your conviction will be dismissed. In order to complete your DUII diversion program, you must complete the following steps:
- Pay the fees required by the court (usually in the neighborhood of $500).
- Undergo an alcohol and drug abuse evaluation (also known as the “diagnostic assessment”) as directed by the court. You will be required to pay the cost of the diagnostic assessment, which is $150.
- Complete the court-ordered treatment program, based on the diagnostic assessment. You will be responsible for all costs of the treatment program, which will vary depending on the treatment provider and the nature and duration of the treatment you are required to complete.
- Attend a victim’s impact treatment session/panel.
- Pay all required court costs and fees for the diagnostic evaluation and treatment program.
If you have been arrested on DUII charges and believe you qualify for the Oregon DUII diversion program, we can help you get started.
Contact a Portland DUII Diversion Lawyer Today
Find out today if you qualify for the Oregon DUII diversion program.Contact a criminal defense attorney online or call 503-239-1910 to schedule a consultation.